Mideast Daily News

Qatar Rejects Saudi Demands To End Crisis

By Linda Gradstein | The Media Line

July 2, 2017

mail

 

Demands made by four Arab states including the closure of the Al Jazeera satellite channel, reducing ties with Iran, and removing Turkish air bases in Qatar, were designed to be rejected, Qatar’s foreign minister said in a press conference in Rome. Sheikh Mohammed bin Abdulrahman al-Thani said that Qatar is still willing to sit down and discuss the grievances raised by its Arab neighbors, but that the list of demands is meant to be “negotiated.” Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Bahrain and the UAE last month cut all ties with Qatar including suspending all travel links between them.

mail
Print Friendly, PDF & Email
rssyoutube